|4K Program Contact
Phone - (262) 255-8470
Fax - (262) 255-8482
4K Program Resources
|ELC Supply List 12-13|
|4K CCC Supply List|
Parent Outreach News
|4K PARENT ADVISORY BOARD -- The School District of Menomonee Falls in collaboration with community pre-school providers has a parent advisory board. The board provides feedback on how the 4K program is organized and responds to current issues. The board meets four times throughout the year. Items to be discussed include curriculum, conferences, registration and transportation as it relates to four year old kindergarten students. Membership is determined through a
random selection process. Snacks and child care are provided. All meetings run from 6:00-7:30 P.M. at Ben Franklin Elementary School-Early Learning Center-Parent Resource Room. The meeting schedule is as follows:
October 16, 2012
December 4, 2012
February 5, 2013
April 16, 2013
Early Learning Center Family Nights
January 22, 2013
6:00 PM-7:00 PM
Hibernation Literacy Night
at Early Learning Center-Ben Franklin Elementary School
February 19, 2013
6:00 PM-8:00 PM
1-2-3 Magic Parenting Solutions Using Positive Discipline
at Menomonee Falls High School Auditorium
4K registration has started! Here are the top 10 reasons to register for 4K in the School District of Menomonee Falls.
10. Safe, secure and developmentally appropriate facility--Our Early Learning Center was constructed 3 years ago, inside of Ben Franklin Elementary School. 4-year-old kindergarten is in its own hallway along with our special education early childhood program. There are no interruptions from other grade levels and the hallway is locked during the day, giving it the feel of a "school within a school," which is perfect for our youngest learners.
9. Curriculum--Our 4K program is a play based program with academics woven into our day. Students learn literacy and math skills along with physical and social and emotional skills every day.
8. Menomonee Falls School District Exceeds Expectations--Menomonee Falls is a great community and a great place to raise your family! Every school in our district received the grade of "Exceeds Expectations" on the new state report cards for school districts. You can see our report cards here.
7. Family involvement--We have lots of ways that parents can get involved in our 4K program! Parents volunteer in the classroom, attend field trips and class parties and we have a parent advisory board. We also have 4 family nights a year, including an open house, a math night, a literacy night and a parenting seminar. Student progress is shared twice a year through report cards, twice through conferences, and is available any time parents would like an update.
6. We teach to individual needs--students are at different places in the development of their academic and social/emotional skills. 4K teachers work with students at their individual levels. We take students from where they are to where they need to be.
5. Social and emotional development--4K students don't only work on academics in school. They learn about being friends, getting along with others, how to solve problems, how to identify and manage feelings and so much more! We work on the three B's--Be safe, Be kind, Be doing your job.
4. Teacher-student ratios--Class size is important! Each classroom has a certified teacher and an educational assistant. We strive for a class size of around 20, with 2 adults in every room, all day, every day.
3. Choice--Menomonee Falls has two 4K options--students can attend 4K at our Early Learning Center, housed in Ben Franklin. Students can also attend 4K at a community site, if enrollment is met. Currently we have 2 sections of 4K at CCC in Menomonee Falls, which are both taught by a certified Menomonee Falls School District teacher.
2. Teachers--our 4K teachers are certified teachers with a four year degree in education. Many of our teachers have or are working towards a Master's Degree in education. We have experienced teachers that go through professional development every year. We collaborate together to meet the needs of all of our students and we LOVE teaching 4K!
1. 4K is FUN! Our students LOVE coming to school each day! We provide educational experiences in a fun, enjoyable environment and we strive to make learning fun each and every day that your child comes to school! Our goal is to help your child develop a love of learning that will last a life time!
Would you like to see 4K in action? Call our school office and set up an appointment for a tour!
The Menomonee Falls 4K Community Collaboration Partnership will work together to offer high quality, developmentally appropriate learning opportunities in a safe and nurturing environment assisting children to develop at their own pace.
Our vision is to provide all four-year old children with early learning opportunities to ensure life-long success.
- We value children learning through play
- We believe all children should learn in a safe and nurturing environment
- We value the collaborative role of all team members: family, school and community
Background Check Form and School Board Policy
The School District of Menomonee Falls requires a background check on all volunteers for classroom activities. This involves volunteering in a classroom as well as attending a field trip with your child's class. Below is a copy of the necessary form and a copy of the school board policy. All volunteers must visit The School District of Menomonee Falls Central Office for an identification photograph.
Parent Letter and Application
School Board Policy